The SBA congratulates Rockingham’s R Bar on winning the SBA Small Bar of the Year Award!
On Tuesday 31 July 2012, the Honourable Terry Waldron, Minister for Sport and Recreation; Racing and Gaming, presented the SBA’s Small Bar of the Year Award to a packed audience at the Piazza in Northbridge. In addressing the audience before announcing the winner the Minister spoke enthusiastically of the small bar industry and the role of the SBA. He described how the small bar scene in Perth was blossoming to meet the growing expectations of the Western Australian public.
Who are we?
Representative body for businesses operating small bar and other types of licences
The Small Bar Association of W.A. Inc. (SBA) is a representative body for businesses operating small bar and other similar types of licences in respect of tourist orientated unique drinking, eating and hospitality related businesses.
The SBA aims to assist aspiring licensees to enter the industry as well as assist its members.
The SBA gives members a collective voice which can be directed to state and local government both at political and departmental levels. Further, the SBA facilitates networking and marketing opportunities for its members with the professional, industry and sponsor members of the SBA.
The SBA facilitates change and raises the profile of the small bar industry in Perth by fostering a dynamic and profitable small bar, music and entertainment culture in Western Australia.
Purpose of the Association
- To add diversity to the drinking, social and hospitality scene in the State of Western Australia;
- To help make Perth and Western Australia appealing to tourists and reduce the ‘dullsville’ tag;
- To protect and develop the interests of its licensee members fostering a dynamic and profitable small bar, music and entertainment culture in Western Australia;
- To be the representative body for businesses operating small bar licences and equivalent licences;
- To promote the proliferation of small bar licences and equivalent Licences in Western in addressing the formalities of applying for and obtaining new licences;
- To advocate the interests of its members to government and opposition members of the Western Australian Parliament as well as local government authorities; and
- To foster communication and knowledge sharing amongst its members through training, seminars, publications and social events.
To afford members all such assistance as the Management Committee deems proper or desirable, in accordance with the Rules of the Association. Click here to download a copy of the Constitution / Rules of Association of the Small Bar Association of W.A. Inc.
SBA is a proud supporter of Spacemarket, an interface for the exchange of floorspace across Perth. For more information visit: www.spacemarket.com.au.